OUR SPECIAL FEATURES
1. THE CAMPUS
The Institute campus has an area of 11 acres garlanded by lush green meadows. The three storied separate building for college consists of well ventilated class-rooms audio-visual room, administrative block,conference hall, computer lab with faculty, laboratories,ladies room, faculty room,reading room,Library with more than 3527 volumes & latest books for reference & reputed national & international journals.
2. HOSTEL ACCOMMODATION
The Institute provides separate well maintained hostels for women in the sprawling campus with indoor games facilities like carom, table tennis, chess etc
3. LANGUAGE LABORATORY
The college offers language improvement programs to improve the English language through Hitech language laboratory & subject experts.
4. SCHOLARSHIP / FELLOWSHIP
The students can apply for fellowship / scholarship as per rules award of fellowship or scholarship is made / continued subject tot he fulfillment of the condition such as regular attendance good behavior & satisfactory progress in studies.
5. PROJECT STUDIES & RESEARCH PROGRAMMES
An insight in practical situation & with a view to helping the local industries college organized project studies an a part of its regular programme. The Institute also works with local bodies as well as with the state Government of Various aspects.
The newly designed Non-Conventional Courses are increasing our students inherent skills, to empower them with the power of knowledge & there by increase self employability. Along with the College extends all the help for placement through central Placement cell.
With strength of more 2000 ex student the college alumni is the pride of the Institue. The aim of this association is to stimulate National & International network between alumni students and staff of the College and the business community in general. It facilitates communities & create the right path for building a proper network.
Performance of the institution 2019-20
The Non – Conventional Vocational College for Women is the only imparting Non – Conventional Vocational programs for girls since 1993.
As per the vision of our founder Dr. A. D. Shinde, the institute is focused on the thrust area of “Women Empowerment”. The vision, mission and motto statements amply this commitment of institute as a whole and lends distinctiveness to it. The institute has undoubtedly translated the dream of its visionary founder into a reality in its 25 years of existence.
Since its inception in 1994 the institute has made attempts to introduce courses which promotes women empowerment in a true sense. The training programs run by the institute, normally we see male dominance in the respective fields. But it won’t be an exaggeration to say that in the years to come the college would be known as a pioneering institute as far as providing women empowerment which is actually the need of the hour.
The institute has planned and designed the course content in such a way that all the courses or training programs of respective departments are industry based, job oriented and are offered at highly affordable fees. The ultimate goal is to make the girl student job ready and open up new avenues of knowledge skills and work experience.
The institute also takes care by lending a helping hand to Economically Weaker Section students by providing financial support of waving out academic fees with the sole objectives of women empowerment.
Every year more than 100 girl students participate in various events organized by Institute under different committees and thereby showcase their talent skills, imagination and activity. It not only boosts the morale of students but also play a pivotal role in enhancing their personality.
An attempt is always made to bring about an altitudinal change in the parents of our girl students and thereby in the entire society leading to women empowerment in a true sense.
Exhibition cum sale is organized, so that girl students get an opportunity not only to demonstrate but also sell their hand made products. No wonder our girl students participate in this existing and unique activity and there by acquire much needed knowledge, skills and hands – on training to become future entrepreneurs.
Policies for maintaining and utilizing physical, academic and support facilities 2018-19
College has well defined Policy and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) with regards to utilization of college infrastructure, laboratory, library, sports , computers, classrooms academic and support facilities. The policy has helped effective utilizations available resources to an optimum level and avoids delay and penalty while returning the items issued to students such as books, sport items etc. In science laboratory every instrument and every practical has SOP and protocol. This policy has helped in minimizing waste of time and substantially increased safety measures in the laboratory. Laboratroy assistants , staff members and students are trained on use of fire extinguishers in case of any emergency in the laboratories. Some of the other outcome of policy matter of college is given below :
- Ergonomically furniture seating arrangement for teachers and students.
- Facility for physically disabled:
- The ramp is provided to the physically disabled students. W.C. is constructed in the existing utility.
- Library Facility: Library Advisory Committee, its composition and significant initiatives have been implemented by the committee to render the library, student / user friendly. The Advisory Committee of the library is comprised of the Principal, librarian and Heads of all the departments. Learning needs are provided to the readers as per their requirement. The committee has initiated and carried out several activities such as
- Announcement of latest arrivals.
- Increasing the book loan facility from one to two books per student per week.
- Provision of reprographic facility to cater to the needs of users.
- Provision of internet facility and INFLIBNET facility to cater to learner needs.
- Provision of UPS backup to library in case of power outage.
- Provision of comfortable seating arrangement to provide ease while reading.
- Increase in number of racks to accommodate increased number of books and volumes.
• Purchase committee: College has constituted a purchase committee consisting of respective Heads of the department, Office superintendent and Principal to identify the needs of the each programme and process the same by calling the quotation for various requirement from the competent suppliers. Comparative statement is placed before the management for placing order.
• Strict and transparent negotiations are involved with companies / vendors with the assessment of their market standings and repute. The service facilities after sales are assured.
• For the library books order are placed through the different publications and the publisher are part of the procedure during the book exhibition for the institute.
• Regular maintenance is been allotted for the smooth running of computer classrooms with the help of efficient personals of that field.
• Sports material is been well maintained and kept in a continuous working state by the sports teacher and issued to students and faculties whenever required.
• Laboratory equipment are regularly maintained / serviced by competent suppliers.
College Development Committee (CDC) : The CDC approves all the policy matters for smooth maintaining and utilizing physical, academic and support facilities which makes it easy for coordinated implementation of the same.